Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing to do with success." Do you agree or disagree with the quotation above? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your position.



            I agree that people who are successful so are due to hard work not by luck. In school,  students are not able to pass exams without studying. Scientists cannot invent new scientific theories without learning anything about it. Each athlete is not able to win something without going to practice.
            In school, if you don’t study for the test you are going to fail. I had a girl in my class that told me that she didn’t study for the test. She always got “A” in everything. I didn’t know how she got this grade. One day we had a biology test and I told to go to her house to study. I went to her house. She was very nervous because she didn’t know anything about the subject. The conclusion is that she studied a lot; this is why she got this grade. It was not luck that I thought that she had. She got this grade because she studied a lot.
            Another thing that is due to not luck is science discovery. scientists are not lucky when they find anything new. It is because they study a lot during years and they observe everything. Sciences spend most of their life leaning about something and doing experiments. It is not luck. It is hard work.
            The athlete is a good example and very close to me because I am on a swimming team. If you don’t go to the practice every day you are not going to succeed. For example, this weekend I had a relay race. They were 4 girls on our team: Caroline, Becca, Kelly and me.
Caroline, Kelly and I went everyday to practice. Becca was in summer school all day so she didn’t have time to come to practice. The last weekend in the relay Caroline, Kelly and I bet our times but Becca did not. This is an example that if you don’t work hard you will not see success.
            Everything in the life is very hard and you have to work in it. If you don’t work in it you never are going to be successful.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment