Thursday, July 7, 2011

At Newton South High School cell phones are not allowed to be used in school. What is your opinion about the use of cell phones in the classroom or in school?

                                                                                                                                                                               My      school is Newton South High School; the school is in Newton, MA. In this school you cannot use cell phones in school or in the classroom. In my opinion I think that using the phone in the middle of the class to send a message or to talk with someone is wrong.  I think, however that sing all cell phones have internet access that this is a good thing because you could find information that you don’t understand.
            People often abuse the used of their phones and it is not good. For example I had a male classmate in my ELL class that could not stop touching or using his Iphone I think he was consumed by the technology. The teacher used to very angry with him because his focus was on the cell phone and not in the subject. Every day, my teacher takes his phone more than once in the same day.
            For me my phone is very important because I have a lot of dictionaries on it and it is very helpful when I have problem with the language. One problem is with these dictionaries however is that i need it to be connected to the internet and in my school the Wi-Fi or 3G is blocked and I cannot use them.
            There is a thing that I do not understand why cannot we use the phone between classes or in the lunch time? For example for me this free time is very important because I can speak with my Spanish friend. I cannot talk with them in the afternoon because is six hours more than here.
Everybody use his phone in class and I think that now none can stop that. When I came to the US the thing that impressed me was that all the people in the street or at work were using their cell phones. I did not understand at that time but now I understand why. You can have unlimited messages or calls. This is awesome. In Spain to send a message cost 15 cents which is very expensive.
            Cell phones are a good invention and even better with internet access but sometimes you have to know where and when you can use them. For example in school is not good to use them in the middle of the class. Using them in class is disrespectful to your teachers and classmates because you are not focused in what is happening in class. I think using them at lunch time or between classes is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment