Thursday, August 4, 2011

Films can tell us a lot about the country where they were made. What have you learned about a country from watching its movies? Use specific examples and details to support your response.

            Movies can tell about what countries are like country and the culture of this country. In some movies you can learn about history.  I love comedy movies and this is not a good type of movie that you can learn about the culture or the history of a country. One movie that I liked was not a comedy that told about is history. These are 2 different movies “The Phantom of the Opera” another that I saw “the Patriot”.
 “The Phantom of the Opera” takes place in Paris in XIX and I could see in this film what people wore. The people wore a very reword dress.  The dresses were very long and I think very heavy too. How they look because the people in this era were different than us. For example the hair was very well groomed. The buildings were old and grey color. The people rode by horses and carts with horses.
             The second movie was “the Patriot. It is about the history of United States at the time when the British wanted to conquer the west part of America. This movie I liked it because I could imagine the life and the fear of the people in a war. When I first saw the movie I thought that it was very boring. One day my father took to see Charlestown. When I was in the city of Charlestown I realized how life was and how they lived.
            Movies are good for entertainment and to learn things about the country that it is in filmed in. I think that movies can teach you a lot of things about the country. After you see the movie, you can learn more traveling to the places where by the movie has taken place.

No comments:

Post a Comment